Delicious fresh pumpkin pie in a glass – smoothie style. Yum! All of the delicious spices and flavors of pie in less than ten minutes. Who needs the crust? This smoothie is tasty!
This is my entry for the October The Recipe Redux. The theme this month is "Fresh from the Pumpkin Patch" – a challenge to use fresh pumpkin. This is a great topic for October as fresh pumpkins are everywhere in Minnesota. I like my smoothies thick, so add another 1/2 cup of ice or a bit more soy milk if you don’t. If you want it thicker, try adding half of a frozen banana.
- 1 1/2 cup fresh pumpkin
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup tazo chai concentrate
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoon agave
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Prepare the pie pumpkin by cutting it in half and removing the seeds. Roasting in the oven face down for 60 minutes at 350F or until the outside skin can be pierced easily with a fork. Scrape the pumpkin from the shell and let cool.
- Put the ingredients into a blender (I used a vita-mix) in the order listed. Blend on high until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes about 3 cups or two servings.Pumpkin Pie Smoothie by
Other Recipe Reduxers featuring fresh pumpkin: