Cashew cream is an amazing thing. It is thick and flavorful and can be used in so many recipes. I believe it originally came from the raw food movement, and is a better replacement to dairy cream. No cholesterol and less fat with a rich flavor.
This recipe takes a bit of time since you need to soak the nuts overnight. Don’t try to rush things by boiling the nuts as some do. It will reduce the natural sweetness.
- 2 cups raw whole cashews
- rinse the cashews
- put the cashews in a container and cover with water.
- place the covered container into the fridge overnight
- drain and rinse the cashews
- place in blender and cover with cold water
- blend on high until smooth. my vita-mix makes it very smooth, so no need to strain.
Use as regular cream. To make it even thicker, reduce it on the stove. To thin it out, add some water.
Makes about 2 cups.