My wife loves Alfredo sauce, so when I discovered how delicious and versatile cashew cream could be I knew what I had to do. This sauce has all of the flavor of a dairy based Alfredo, but with 75% less saturated fat. The texture of this sauce is smooth, thick, and it clings to the noodles well. Did I mention it is also really tasty?
- 3/4 cup cashew cream (see my previous recipe)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- some red pepper flakes (optional)
- some Italian parsley (optional)
- mince the garlic and cook it in a small pan with the oil until golden brown
- add all ingredients to blender (I used a vita-mix) and blend until smooth
- pour mixture back into small pan and heat.
- reduce if desired. I reduced mine on low heat for another 10-15 minutes.
- serve over cooked pasta. (we used whole wheat spaghetti). garnish with some red pepper flakes and fresh Italian parsley.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups sauceCashew Alfredo Sauce by