This soup is thick and hearty thanks to a secret ingredient -- cashew cream. The carrot and ginger flavors are both prominent. The Italian parsley is a beautiful compliment to the soup both in color and flavor. So very tasty!
Don’t be intimidated by the list of ingredients. This soup can be made in less than 15 minutes. See my previous recipe on how to make cashew cream.
- 2 cups baby carrots, chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, peeled, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup cashew cream
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley (optional)
- heat oil in small pan
- cook onion and garlic and then carrots in the pan until carrots are fork tender and onions are clear
- place the cooked vegetables and the rest of the ingredients in a blender (I used a vita-mix).
- blend on high for a few minutes until steam comes out if using vita-mix, else blend until smooth and then return to pan to heat.
- garnish with chopped Italian parsley after serving
Makes about four cups.