I was inspired to make this rice after reading several recipes about making meals in a rice maker. We both really love the flavor of this dish. The salsa was such an easy way to add a lot of flavor to the rice. Did I mention it was really easy too? Less than five minutes of prep time. Next time I will try adding some pinto beans.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup canned corn with liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup water
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients in the order listed, except cilantro, to rice maker.
- stir and start rice maker.
- when rice cooker is done, open and stir. cover and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes about 3 cups
UPDATE: See the post about adding beans here. It was a big improvement.
Inspired by: San Antonio Rice