When people think of fall foods, they usually think of pumpkins and squash, but I think of apples. In Minnesota, fall is apple harvesting time. Over the past few weeks I’ve been given three grocery bags of apples. Our house smells so delicious as I work through the apples making tastiness.
These apple chips are tasty. Make a double batch as they will go fast. Healthy too; no added sugar. Just apples with a touch of cinnamon.
- 3 apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper
- thinly slice apples until about 1/8 to 3/16 inch thick
- remove cores with something circular. I used an orange juicer. a small cookie cutter would work too
- place apple slices in a single layer on baking sheet
- lightly dust with cinnamon
- bake for 1.5 to 2 hours until dry and crispy
Yield: a couple dozen chips
Inspired by: [Baked] Apple Cinnamon Spice Chips