I originally saw this bread via a tweet from VeganPatriot talking about a recipe on happyherbivore. VeganPatriot had modified it to work in his bread machine. It sounded really delicious. I went straight to the store and bought some rosemary, and set about making it myself.
I used the bread machine to make this loaf rather than the stove. I wanted to save a little energy and the machine can make the bread unattended. I set everything up to go, and then went to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night to the beeps of the machine finishing. The house smelled amazing.
Waking up to fresh bread is great! The bread was delicious for breakfast, and the delicious rosemary smell still filled the house hours later. Very tasty!
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (I used dried)
- 1 cup black olives
- 3 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons fast yeast (1 packet)
- mix the yeast into the warm water
- add the rest of the ingredients into the bread machine
- (no need to chop the olives, the machine will do that when it kneads the dough)
- add the water/yeast mixture into the bread machine
- I used the following settings on my bread machine:
- whole wheat cycle
- medium crust
- 1lb loaf
- three hours later, the machine finished a beautiful, aromatic, and tasty loaf of bread.