These go very well with chili.
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/8 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup cornmeal (i used medium grind)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground sea salt
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- whisk soymilk and apple cider vinegar together to curdle milk
- in large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt)
- add the applesauce, agave, and vanilla extract to the bowl
- add the soymilk/vinegar mix to the bowl
- gently mix about 10-12 times. don’t over mix.
- add mixture to muffin tin (I use the 1/4cup from the sugar for this)
- bake 12-15 minutes
Makes nine muffins.