While browsing the web the other day I stumbled upon some delicious looking raw nut meat tacos. I loved the photo and most of the ingredient list, so I added it to the pile of recipes to try. I modified the original recipe to suit our tastes. We used a fresh cooked roti instead of the lettuce for the wrap. I know roti is from India and tacos from the south, but the combination is quite tasty. It was so easy to prepare. I can see these becoming a regular dinner item.
A delicious taco filling made from nuts.Ingredients
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 roti
- Soak the nuts together in large bowl for 2 hours
- Put the nuts in a food processor and grind until they are in small chunks just bigger than quinoa. The blender doesn’t work well for this unless you want a paste.
- Pour the chunked nuts into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the roti and serve the meat onto it
- Garnish with your favorite toppings. We like spinach, salsa, and young green olives.
Yield: 6-8 tacos
Inspired by: raw nut meat tacos
Also try my Walnut Tacos