It’s been a while since I made my delicious nut meat tacos. Last time I made nut meat tacos I used a mixture of almonds and walnuts. I’m out of almonds right now, so I doubled up on the walnuts and these walnut tacos were born. I let them soak overnight to get a slightly softer texture than last time. These tacos are wrapped in simple corn tortillas which we’ve grown very fond of over the last few months.
On with the recipe variation
A delicious taco filling made from walnuts.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- some fresh cilantro
- Soak the walnuts in large bowl overnight
- Put the nuts in a food processor and grind until they are in small chunks just bigger than quinoa. The blender doesn’t work well for this unless you want a paste.
- Pour the crumbled nuts into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Warm the tortillas on a skillet and scoop the meat onto it
- Garnish with the cilantro. We also like spinach, salsa, and young green olives.
Yield: 6-8 tacos
Inspired by: nut meat tacos