Our garden has been cranking out the crooked neck summer squash for the last couple months. It’s really a nice cultivar. It is easy to care for and easy to eat. Our favorite way to eat it is to bake it. If you have a young squash, which isn’t necessarily small, you can eat the skin. As they get older, the skin darkens and gets tough. We like to eat them plain for dinner. They have a delicate sweet flavor that is easily masked by seasoning.
- Summer Squash
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Wash the outside of the squash.
- Slice the neck into about 1/4” thick discs.
- Slice the main body in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. If you have a lot of seeds, you can bake them later for a nice topping on salads or rice.
- Slice the main body into strips.
- Bake at 425F for 16-20 minutes until fork tender.
- Serve and Enjoy!