Turmeric milk or what I like to call Chai-less chai is a delicious drink I’ve recently discovered. I like to call it chai-less chai since there is no tea or caffeine in it, but it still has all the great flavors from the spices. It’s so quick and easy; you should make some now!
It is popular in India and there are many variations on the theme. Some use fresh ingredients and others ground powders. Some use lots of ingredients and some only one. I find using the powders a fast and easy way to make it. While it could be made with any non-dairy milk, I prefer using almond milk. I also like making it in a jar, so I can shake it up as I slowly drink it. Some of the spices tend to separate out over time. The jar with a good sealing lid makes it easy to remix.
- 2 cups (475ml) almond milk (or other non-dairy)
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25ml) ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25ml) ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) agave (heaping)
- Mix the ingredients in a blender or shake vigorously in a jar.
- Drink and enjoy!
Makes 2 cups.