Our garden has finally started to produce enough food to eat. We harvested some spinach, kale, chard, two honeyberries, and a strawberry. We ate the berries immediately, but thought it would all go together to make a delicious smoothie.
We didn't have enough berries from the garden, so we suplemented from the fridge. Don't worry about exact amounts of the ingredients, the recipe is more about ratios: 1 water, 1 spinach, 2/3 kale, 2/3 chard, 1.5-2 fruit. Let your taste buds be your guide.
- 1 cup water
- swiss chard
- fresh blueberries
- frozen strawberries
- add water to high speed blender until the one cup mark. We use a vitamix.
- keep adding spinach and blending until the total amount in the blender is two cups. We used almost half a pound.
- add chard and blend until just before the three cup mark. We used about six ounces.
- add kale and blend until the 3.5 cup mark. We used about six ounces.
- add two large handfulls of fresh blueberries and one large handfull of frozen strawberries.
- blend until smooth