Similar to the three bean chili I posted last year, this chili uses three beans. I changed up the bean combination and added salsa and some Field Roast grain meat sausage to give it a different flavor. This is a quick recipe to get some hot tasty food with minimal effort. The longer you cook it, the better it tastes. We enjoyed it with tortilla chips. The entire pot was gone in two days. I just love the initial sweet flavor from the corn and tomatoes while the heat from the salsa and sausage builds in the background. It was very good.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice (15oz)
- 1 can corn with juice (15oz)
- 1 can black beans (15oz)
- 1 can pinto beans (15oz)
- 1 can kidney beans (15oz)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 Field Roast Mexican Chipotle sausages
- heat olive oil in large pot on high.
- add onion cook until done.
- add tomatoes, salsa, spices, corn, and beans then stir.
- bring to a boil and them simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Makes about 10 cups.