I’ve been making a variation of this Tofu Scramble for some time now. I swore I had posted this before, but when I went to show someone the recipe I couldn’t find it.
You can add or change this recipe as you see fit. It is very flexible and a great starting point for experimentation. Add some peppers or some fresh onion/garlic. Maybe you like mushrooms. There are dozens of versions on other sites. Go crazy. Experiment. It is all good!
This goes great with baby kale, spinach, or wrapped up in a tortilla. Make a double batch as it will go fast. Hot or cold, it is tasty.
- 1 brick of extra firm tofu, squeezed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fat free soymilk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- fresh ground sea salt to taste
- Drain the tofu and then place in a cloth napkin or cheese cloth. Twist the cloth to force the tofu into a ball and squeeze out as much liquid as you easily can. This step is critical to good texture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and then add the crumbled tofu. Stir until warm.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to gently stir for another 7 minutes.