This recipe has been in the making for many months. I wanted to create a muffin that actually tastes good without using sugar or oil. The lack of refined sugar or oil makes this a healthy treat. The whole wheat flour and oatmeal will help keep you full longer. I use them for snacks on the go or a quick breakfast. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 3/4 cup rice milk
- Make your own!
- 3 tablespoons cooked brown rice + 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 medjool dates blended
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups oat bran or 1/2 cup oat meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raisin or craisins or chopped dried fruit
- Preheat Oven to 350F.
- Mix milk and vinegar and whisk or just add everything to the blender.
- Mix rest of wet and dates in blender on high until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Mix blended wet ingredients from #2 and #3 into the dry.
- Pour into muffin tin.
- Bake for about 29 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Makes about 12 muffins.