I really love the sauce for this recipe! The complex flavor is fantastic. My friends really love this dish. It is almost as popular as my groundnut stew. I enjoy the combo of ginger and peanuts. It’s quick and easy to make.
This recipe works with either fresh or frozen broccoli. I find fresh gives the best texture. If you use frozen, increase the steaming time a few extra minutes or just defrost in the microwave. I usually double the sauce, so I can use it on other veggies later in the week or just eat it. Yum!
- two cups chopped broccoli (fresh is ideal)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I prefer nutty)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (high quality)
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (high quality)
- 4 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- Steam broccoli for 2-3 minutes if fresh (3-5 if frozen). The broccoli should almost be cooked.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients for the sauce in a pot and cook on medium heat until smooth.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a few more minutes. If the sauce gets to thick during this part, add a little water.
- Serve. Enjoy!
Makes about 2 1/2 cups. Enough for two as a main dish or 3-4 as a side.
Adapted from a cook book. I forget which one.
Top photo by Laura.