On my recent trip to India, I feel in love with chutney of all kinds. I learned to make this peanut chutney while I was there. It is amazing with mini dosa, as pictured, or as a base for pizza. The spicy, savory peanut chutney is also great to eat alone with a spoon. Tasty!
This chutney is easy to make in just a few minutes. What are you waiting for? Get cooking!
- 1.5 cups roasted peanuts (if raw, roast for a few minutes)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 red dry chili
- 6 fresh curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh tamarind
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a small pot heat the peanuts, cumin, coriander, chili, tamarind, fresh curry leaves, and about 1/3 cup water over medium heat.
- Stir until everything until warm which for me is about six minutes
- Toss everything into a strong blender and blend until smooth. Adding extra water as necessary. I usually have to add between 1/3-2/3cup extra water.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Makes about 2 cups of chutney.