My friend Brandy over at Trobairitz’ Table d’hote just posted her recipe for this salad on her blog. It sounded good and I was craving beans, so I made it last night. I took some liberties to make it my own based on what I had in the kitchen. It was good to eat last night, but even better after resting in the fridge overnight. Thanks for the recipe idea!
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can fresh-packed sweet corn, drained
- 1 cup (about 4 stalks) chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, celery, and onions
- In a small bowl mix together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic, cumin, garam masala, black pepper, and curry power.
- Pour the sauce over the bean mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Cover, and give a good shake to further mix. Then put in the refrigerator for several hours to let the flavors mingle. I left mine overnight.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Makes about 6 cups