While waiting in line to order food the other day, I found a stack of little postcards extolling the virtues of eating whole grains. There was a recipe on the back, but I didn’t like the picture. I thought I could do better, so I created this recipe. We both really liked the end result. Satisfying and tasty.
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15oz) of corn with liquid
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 carrots chopped
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dry parsley
- Add onion to a large pot and heat for a few minutes with a small amount of broth.
- Add the rest of the broth and corn liquid to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add quinoa and corn. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, oregano, and parsley. Stir and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve, Add salt to taste, and Enjoy!
Makes four servings.