Sometimes you just need something warm and savory. These scalloped potatoes hit the spot. Light and creamy and full of flavor. It won’t take long to make a batch. Give it a try.
Much to the delight of my wife and friends, I have been perfecting this recipe for the last few weeks. It is quickly becoming a house favorite. I think it’s ready to share now. Let me know what you think!
If you don’t want to slice the potatoes, I’ve found you can cube them (1/2”) and achieve similarly delicious results.
- 6-8 average sized Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup Rapunzel Vegetable Broth (double strength)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven at 400F
- With the skin on, cut the potatoes in 4mm slices or slightly less than 1/4 inch. A food processor makes this very easy.
- Mix a cup of strong vegetable broth from powder such as Rapunzel vegetable broth. 1 cup water 1-2 teaspoons powder.
- Layer the potato slices side by side until the first layer in complete.
- Lightly wet the potatoes with the broth mixture.
- Then sprinkle with some of each of the spices. Go back to #4 until all the potato is used up. I usually have two layers for an 11x17” pan.
- Slowly pour the remaining vegetable broth on the potatoes ensuring not to disturb the spices.
- Place a cookie sheet over the pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes.