I wanted my enchiladas to have lots of flavor, color, and texture as you can see from the ingredient photo below. They turned out really well, so well in fact that after making them for Sunday dinner, I made them again on Wednesday night. The combination of the enchilada sauce and the salsa smelled great.
- 1 medium sweet potato cubed
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can black beans
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chipotle lime salsa
- 1/2 cup Daiya pepperjack cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 16 oz red chile enchilada sauce
- 12 8” tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cube sweet potato into 1/2” to 3/4” cubes and bake for 25 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix: sweet potato, black beans, corn, 2 Tablespoons cilantro, salsa, 1/4 cup cheese, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Place a couple scoops of the mixture in each tortilla, roll up, and place in baking pan.
- Repeat #4 until pan is full or until mixture is gone.
- Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and serve.
Veggie Enchiladas by
Yield: 12 enchiladas