Apple crisp is a tasty dessert. I started making it the other day and realized I had too many pears and not enough apples, so I modified the recipe slightly to include them. The result was tasty!
The crisp has the same deliciousness as apple crisp, but with some added sweetness from the pears. To bring it up a notch, I added some cashew cream frosting. To make the frosting just reduce some cashew cream over low heat while stirring in some powdered sugar until sweet. I made my own powdered sugar in the vita-mix by blending some raw sugar for a few seconds.
- 2 large tart apples (I used Fuji)
- 2 Asian pears
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/3 cup earth balance (vegan butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chop the apples and pears into small cubes. About 1/2x3/4 inch.
- Toss the apples and pears with 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour, and the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Spread the mixture into a 9x13 baking pan
- mix the rest of the ingredients until uniform and crumbly.
- Sprinkle the dry mixture evenly over the pears and apples
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until lightly browned